Thank you Bumbleride Family for helping vote for Speed in the Red Tricycle Totally Awesome Awards for the Gear Category for Renown Jogging Strollers!!!
Speed offers the the only partial swivel for jogging strollers in the world. Learn more about our Speed jogging stroller here.
View all the national winner’s here!
From a roller made out of rope to speedy strollers, the editors share their favorite gear picks of the month:
“This new jogging stroller has about everything one could possibly want or need to go running with your kid. It folds and unfolds easily, has a great suspension, plenty of pockets and storage, a generous canopy that unfolds to block out the sun from almost any angle and time of day, a magnetic peekaboo window to keep a quick eye on your passenger, a breakaway seatbelt design that allows quick exits when meltdowns happen, water-bottle holders and thoughtful touches like a concealed, compact air pump that’s there if you need it. Maybe the coolest feature, though, is in the front fork. You can make it swivel fully, or swivel only partially so that it doesn’t dangerously spin out—or, it can lock forward for when you’re running faster speeds. And while other fixed-front-wheel jogging strollers will frustratingly veer left or right, this stroller’s fork has a micro-adjustment feature to make it roll straight and true with the turn of a knob. It rides solidly and smoothly, and is a rare pleasure to run with among jogging strollers. The only thing conspicuously absent is a handbrake; Bumbleride says it was kept off in order to save weight.” —Adam Elder, managing editor
Read the rest of their July favorites here. Learn more about Speed here.
Cool Mom Picks – Best affordable jogging stroller? Reader Q + A
Q: Hi Cool Mom Picks! Any recommendations on the best affordable jogging stroller that’s ideally lightweight, compact and versatile? -Pamela J.
A: Hi Pamela,
Though I will admit right off the bat that I am not a jogger, I have reviewed my share of jogging strollers and I have a few recommendations for the best ones that ought to give you a good start when looking. There’s one catch, though: Affordable and jogging stroller usually aren’t two phrases seen together. The best jogging strollers are definitely the priciest options, but they’re also the ones that last, which means you should have no trouble finding gently used options for much less on Craigslist, at a local garage sale, or as a hand-me-down from a friend in your community with older kids. Plus, if you find a jogging stroller you love, there’s no reason you can’t use it as your everyday stroller too, which will make the investment much easier to justify in the long run. (Heh. Long run.)
Whenever I ask my die-hard runner friends which stroller has been invaluable to them through their running-with-a-baby days, they always suggest the same few options…
“If looks matter to you, Bumbleride wins the prize for coolest looking stroller in the bunch. The Bumbleride Indie is a perfect do-everything stroller system that can truly be the only stroller you ever need to own. It lets you stroll or jog, all while keeping the baby extremely comfy with a surprisingly smooth ride in the sturdy frame.”
Find the entire review at http://coolmompicks.com/blog/2014/09/09/best-affordable-jogging-stroller-reader-q-and-a/.
Gear Review: Bumbleride Indie Stroller Review
Tales of a Mountain Family recently put Indie to the test around their home in Yellowstone National Park . Here are a few of the highlights from their review:
- “The stroller weighs only 20 pounds, which is relatively light compared to other jogging strollers on the market.”
- “The Indie is unique on the market because it does fit children from birth (using the included car seat adapter) through preschool age (weight limit: 45 pounds) AND adapts to those “in between” infant/toddler ages with a seat that reclines completely flat for easy napping. “
What I loved
- “Very light (20 pounds) and maneuverable. The front wheel that locks with a simple mechanism makes switching between strolling and running very easy”
- “The reclining backrest can be set at almost any height to allow for comfort for any ages of child. It can be reclined to lay completely flat for comfortable sleeping too.”
- ” The adjustable foot rest also allows for the best comfort I’ve seen for multiple ages of kids”
- “The adjustable handlebar is AWESOME for switching between different heights of pushers. In fact, it can be lowered far enough down that the 4 year old can reach it to push.”
“We love to share our gear and let others test and report back to us too. Here’s what Wendie and her 6 month old daughter (about 13 pounds) thought of it:”
“I was very impressed by how adjustable/customizable this stroller was. It was very easy to snap into place, and it had a lot of “bells and whistles” that I loved. It handled well during our 3-mile run which was mostly on pavement, and Alex was still smiling when we finished. For someone who wants one piece of equipment to serve as both an everyday stroller and a jog stroller, I think it has a lot to offer. I wouldn’t take it out running on gravel roads or overly rough surfaces, but I think I would be fine running with it on a smoother trail system (i.e. finely crushed gravel).”
The Bottom Line
- “The Indie is a great stroller that fits most families that want to be able to stroll over most terrain, do some running and have it be lightweight and comfortable for their child. It is one of the lightest on the market and fits easily in the back of a car. It truly is all-terrain and we have easily strolled through snow conditions, along with dirt paths and paved roads, of course.”
- “We love how it is possible to have the child reclining at any angle and that , on the Indie Twin, kids can recline separately.”
- “We wish the straps were easier to change heights for different kids (because we are always switching out who is riding.) This is the reason we only gave it 4 stars (though if we could, we’d give it 4.5.”
Read the entire review here, http://talesofamountainmama.com/review/bumbleride-indie-stroller-review.