The National Park Service turns 100 TODAY and your’re invited to join in the celebration throughout the month! With special events across the country, and free admission to all 412 national parks from August 25 through August 28, the National Park Service is encouraging everyone to #FindYourPark for the centennial!
Make sure to take your bumbleride with you this weekend and tag #bumblerideadventures & #findyourpark on Instagram!
To get you started, they’ve gathered a sampling of special programs taking place and we’ve listed them below. But hundreds of other August events across the country can be found at FindYourPark.com and EncuentraTuParque.com.
Get up, get out there, and find your park!
Our nearest National Park property is Cabrillo National Monument where we recently shot our Speed stroller photoshoot seen in the photos above and below. Where is your local favorite national park?
If you live in WY, AK, NV, AZ, DC, NC or MN take a look below for an event near you.
- 8/25 An Evening at the Arch: Yellowstone Celebrates the National Park Service (WY): Yellowstone National Park and its partners will host a very special Centennial event to kick off the second century of the National Park Service, highlight the importance of public/private partnerships, and recognize the completion of the Gardiner Gateway Project (Phase One).
- 8/25 Huna Tribal House Grand Opening (AK): Park and tribal partners celebrate the opening of a traditional building with a festival at Glacier Bay National Park.
- 8/25 Time Capsule at First Light (NV): Time capsule burial and “First Light” for the Great Basin National Park Observatory. Special guest speaker and astronomy programs.
- 8/25 – 8/28 Grand Canyon National Park Founders Day Celebration (AZ): Park-wide celebration with food, special programs, train exhibit, naturalization ceremony and concert.
- 8/27 Centennial Family Festival on the National Mall (DC):The national park in the heart of the nation’s capital will host a family fun day at Constitution Gardens in celebration of the National Park Service 100th anniversary.
- 8/27 – 8/28 Blue Ridge Parkway and Mount Mitchell State Park Centennial Celebration (NC): The North Carolina State Park System is also celebrating its centennial! Mount Mitchell State Park, the state’s inaugural park, was founded on August 26, 1916 – the day after President Wilson signed the legislation creating the National Park Service. Blue Ridge Parkway and Mount Mitchell State Park will host a joint centennial celebration.
- 8/29 National Parks Day at the Minnesota State Fair (MN): Mississippi National River and Recreation Area along with other Minnesota national parks will take over Carousel Park at the State Fair Grounds for special programming and activities.